Last week, CTN staff member Sabrina Tam taught the Introduction to Spreadsheets class to home-based child care providers at the Children’s Council of San Francisco. The three-class series was offered in three different languages (English, Spanish, and Cantonese) from February to April. Learners were taught a variety of Excel tools that included
- Understanding rows, columns, and cells
- Creating lists and a database of child information
- Formatting, sorting, filtering
- Using references, formulas, simple functions
- Using spreadsheets for bookkeeping
- Introducing bookkeeping and accounting software
One learner commented on how useful and practical the training was — a quick and easy way to maintain a clear record of important information for her child care business.
Emily Kraybill, business and technology support manager at CCSF said, “By offering technology trainings to family child care providers, our hope is that family child care providers will learn skills that will enable them to provide quality child care and run successful businesses.” CCSF is excited to partner with CTN and continue to develop trainings that are “relevant, hands-on, and engaging for all users.”
Comments are closed.