Does your group have a corporate social responsibility objective? Do you want to help older adults become more independent, access vital online benefits such as telehealth, and stay in touch with their loved ones? Volunteering with Community Tech Network means you’ll help seniors in San Francisco live fuller, more independent lives through internet access and training.
- LOCATION: Both in-person and virtual volunteer opportunities are available. If you want to give back to a particular community, we serve seniors from all over San Francisco, such as the Mission, Tenderloin, and Ingleside districts (and many more).
- Digital Skills Info Sessions: Your group can choose a topic in tech on which you’ll create and lead an informational session (either online or in-person). Past examples include how to use WhatsApp and how to engage in online shopping.
- Affordable Internet Applications: We can create an event for your group to help low-income older adults sign up for federal discounts on their monthly internet bills through the Affordable Connectivity Program. Currently, only 26 percent of eligible households in San Francisco have signed up.
- Tech Support: Your group can provide tech support and answer folks’ basic questions at a Tech Support workshop.
- PERSONALIZED EXPERIENCE: Whether you have a large or small group, want to work with a particular demographic, or even use a particular language in the volunteering experience (many of our learners speak languages other than English, including Cantonese, Mandarin, Spanish, Russian and Tagalog!), we will customize the experience to best fit your needs.
If you’re interested, fill out this form to let us know what you’re looking for! You can also reach out to Josh Chan, CTN’s Volunteer Coordinator, at email@example.com or (415) 294-0684. Please give us at least four weeks of notice prior to your desired event date in order for us to have enough time to ensure that we can provide a great experience!