Volunteering has many benefits. It can help you feel more connected to your community (which can decrease loneliness and depression), and it can offer you a sense of achievement in knowing that your efforts are making a difference in other people’s lives.
If you’re looking for a place to volunteer your time, consider Community Tech Network. Our volunteers work with older adults to help them learn how to use technology. Volunteer hours can be completed either virtually or in person in San Francisco.
But what makes CTN unique? Here are five reasons why volunteering with CTN is worth your time:
- You’ll connect with older adults. If you’ve spent some time around older adults, you know that they are often full of fascinating stories and life experiences. CTN gives you the chance to forge lasting bonds with a sector of the population with whom you might not normally interact.
- You can keep up your language skills! We offer our services in Chinese (Cantonese and Mandarin dialects), English, Farsi, Korean, Russian, Spanish, Tagalog, and Vietnamese. Whether you’re a native-born speaker and want to strengthen your connection to your culture, or if you’ve become fluent on your own through study, you can use your language skills to give back to the community.
- We’ll work with you to customize your volunteer experience. Some of our volunteers provide older adults with 1:1 remote technology training over Zoom. Others go in person to host tech support walk-in hours at our partner organizations, such as senior centers, across San Francisco. Meanwhile, other volunteers have hosted webinars to teach older adults specific skills, such as how to use WhatsApp. We’ll work with you to make sure that you get the most out of your experience.
- It’s convenient. We know that everyone has busy lives. That’s why we keep the time commitment for our volunteers low: just one hour per week. We also know that many folks, including students, need to fulfill volunteer hours. Our team is happy to work with you to get you the credit that you need.
- You’ll transform lives. In today’s society, we use technology for almost EVERYTHING. Could you imagine how you would find information and stay in touch with family and friends without it? Yet, many older Americans have been left behind. You can make a difference!
Learn more about the process for becoming a volunteer, or reach out to email@example.com for more information.